Home School Community Liaison Co-ordinator
The Home School Community Liaison Co-ordinator promotes partnership and active co-operation between home, school and community. Ms Siobhan Cullen, our Home School Community Liaison Co-ordinator encourages and supports on-going communication between the school and the home.
Ms Cullen’s position is a shared position with Roscommon Community College. She will be available to:
- Supporting the transition from primary to post-primary school.
- Monitoring attendance at school.
- Meeting with parents/guardians to discuss concerns.
- Offering support to families when a child becomes ill.
- Promotion of Literacy and Numeracy in the school.
- Liaising between the home and school to maximise your child’s potential to achieve.
- Working with parents/guardians to prepare and support them as a resource to their own children and also to other parents and the wider school community.
- Liaising with outside services with the objective of supporting families.
- Liaising with the Parents Association.
- Providing classes and information sessions for parents/guardians.
Ms Cullen is looking forward to new role supporting parents/guardians in Ballymahon Vocational School.